Mission and mandates of l’Artère as of May 2, 2012
L’Artère, développement et perfectionnement en danse contemporaine is a service organization that was created by dance artists of Quebec City.
Its mission is to foster the vitality of Quebec City’s contemporary dance community by supporting its artistic, professional and community development.
1. Provide further training to Quebec City’s contemporary dance artists
- Provide master classes and advanced training workshops to satisfy the needs of the community
2. Support the professional development of Quebec City’s contemporary dance artists
- Disseminate information that is pertinent to the development of dance artisans
- Build up the directory of Quebec City’s professional dance artisans
3. Foster a health and safety culture and develop related tools for dancers
- Provide work out classes
- Facilitate connections between dancers and therapists
- Gather and share certain information about the health of dancers
- Develop structures of solidarity and mutual aid.
4. Act as a point of convergence and disseminate information related to its mandates
- Gather and regularly share information that is pertinent to the development of dance artisans and the community
- Put together and disseminate L’Agenda de la danse.
5. Stimulate dialogue and networking within and outside Quebec City’s contemporary dance community
- Bring together Quebec City’s dance artisans around common concerns
- Trigger the dialogue between members of the community and with artists from outside Quebec
- Stimulate the community and develop a sense of belonging through festive events.
6. Provide expertise within Quebec City’s cultural community in order to collaborate on any activities related to its mission
- Participate in meetings (Table de la danse, Plan de développement de la danse)
- Collaborate on projects with other organizations (International Dance Day).